Mildly spiced and herbed with the meat flavour enhanced with sesame oil and soy sauce for an Asian touch, these go down well with both children and adults. Serve with potato wedges, gravy and/or ketchup. Note: The German Frikadeller typically contains white bread cubes briefly presoaked in milk and chopped onions. This recipe omits them. Add them in if you so wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g beef, minced or 400 g pork, mix minced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground spice such as coriander, fennel, ginger or 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (add more if you love its aroma)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (sub with 1 1/2 tsp dried) or 2 teaspoons coriander (sub with 1 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Mix it, except the olive oil, together gently with a fork.
- 2Heat a pan with the olive oil. When it's medium hot, drop tablespoon-full patties of the minced meat mixture onto pan and fry on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Drain on paper towels.
- 4Serve while warm with ketchup or gravy and potatoes if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flat Meatballs (Frikadeller-Style Patties)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 221.7 mg
- Sodium 983.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 47.8 g