Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Flat Iron Steak is a well kept secret. Full of Beef flavor, it's is one of the "perfect for the grill" steaks as it is uniform in shape and thickness. It is also a great cut for marinating. You will want a grill safe skillet for this recipe-I use cast iron.
- 2 flat iron steaks, 8 oz each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, rough chop
- 3 tablespoons peppercorns, coarse grind
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the salt, ground cumin and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Press into steaks and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat grill to medium, or if using coals until white.
- Cook steaks 6 minutes on first side, 5 minutes on second side.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
- In a grill safe skillet heat olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and chives.
- Cook for 5 minutes, remove mushroom mixture to a bowl, set aside.
- To skillet add the coarse peppercorns, Dijon, beef broth and whipping cream.
- Whisk well and cook for about 3 minutes, you will want this sauce more on the thick side than thin.
- Add the cooked mushroom mixture and cook until heated through.
- Slice steaks and top with sauce.