Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We used this rub on rib eye steaks and they were delicious. From an email from Allrecipes. *** Assemble ahead and allow at least two hours refrigeration. ***
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs flat iron steaks
- Stir together the paprika, salt, sugar, chili powder, chipotle powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin in a small bowl until blended.
- Rub the seasoning mix all over the flat iron steaks, then wrap them tightly with plastic wrap.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 8 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook the steaks on the preheated grill until cooked to your desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes in a warm location before slicing.