Can use with any steak. From Silvia Lehrer's Cooking column in Dan's Papers, June 29, 2007. The meat is an innovative cut to the shoulder top blade steak which resulted in the nickname "flat-iron" with the rectangular shape at one end and the arrow-like at the other end.
- Combine first 4 ingredients and stir to mix.
- Rub the mixtue into the steaks to season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat a large iron skillet over medium heat for several minutes until hot.
- Put in the steaks and cook 3-4 minutes on one side, turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer for medium rare.
- Let meat rest for 5 minutes then serve.