1/3 Photos of Flat-Iron Steak With Dry Rub
Can use with any steak. From Silvia Lehrer's Cooking column in Dan's Papers, June 29, 2007. The meat is an innovative cut to the shoulder top blade steak which resulted in the nickname "flat-iron" with the rectangular shape at one end and the arrow-like at the other end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients and stir to mix.
- 2Rub the mixtue into the steaks to season and drizzle with olive oil.
- 3Heat a large iron skillet over medium heat for several minutes until hot.
- 4Put in the steaks and cook 3-4 minutes on one side, turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer for medium rare.
- 5Let meat rest for 5 minutes then serve.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flat-Iron Steak With Dry Rub
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.0
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 709.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 32.2 g