Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a recipe by KMommyZ at allrecipes.com. The sauce can be pungent; serve in dipping cups rather than poured over, if you prefer. The sauce is also great on baked potatoes.
- Bring steaks up to room temperature.
- Brush steak with olive oil, then press into ground peppercorns and sprinkle with salt; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks, and cook to desired degree of doneness, about 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove steaks to a plate, tent with foil and keep warm.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet and saute until onion goes limp, about 3 minutes.
- Stir the minced garlic into the skillet, and cook over medium heat until the garlic begins to brown around the edges, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar, increase heat to medium-high, and simmer until the vinegar has reduced by half, 10-15 minutes.
- Thinly slice the flat iron steak across the grain, and arrange on a serving platter. Pour the reduced balsamic glaze over the meat, and sprinkle with chopped parsley to garnish.
Amazing! This is excellent. We didn't use mushrooms and didn't miss them either.