Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- red cinnamon candies
- seedless strawberry jam
- With an adult's help, preheat oven to temperature specified on package.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean, flat surface and roll out cookie dough slightly thicker than what the package calls for.
- Then, using butter knife, cut out cookies in the shape of a flattened cat.
- Use a large spatula to carefully transfer cookies to cookie sheet.
- Bake according to package directions.
- While they're cooling, count out enough cinnamon candies to put two eyes and a nose on each cat.
- Carefully flatten between the front and back of two spoons and set aside.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes and then press in eyes and nose.
- Transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Dribble jam here and there on each cookie for blood.
- Makes approximately 3 dozen kitty road kill.
- Sicko serving suggestion: Instead of making each cookie in a perfect cat shape, make a few that are missing a limb and/or tail.
- Why not even sever a head or two?.
- Drip jam blood at stumps for an authentically dismembered look?
Well, I think I did your recipe a disservice by not following through with the 'flat cat' theme, but still the cookies were great just as the bloomin' bloody 'thangs' they were! Interesting, to say the least, & very good tasting, to say the most! The recipe will, I'm sure, be don justice when I pass it on to my daughter & her three kids to make & play with! Thanks for sharing!
hey!! molly, wiggles, morris and nugget are not amused. but the cookies are good. Maybe I'll make them in the shape of a smushed racoon instead. flat cats @ my house not funny
Mirj, you are one sick cookie! ;-)