Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The fastest and most delicious vegetarian pizza you have ever tasted. This is a great favourite with Sure Slim members. We have a flat bread called Mountain Bread in NZ and Australia but any flat bread or even flour tortilla will do.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Spread the pesto over the flat bread.
- Thinly slice the courgette/zucchini. I use a mandoline to get thin even slices.
- Thinly slice the eggplant. It doesn't need to be peeled or salted.
- Thinly slice the mushroom.
- Slice the mozzarella.
- Spread the courgette slices evenly over the top of the bread. Add the eggplant and mushroom. Dots the slices of Mozzarella over the top of the vegetables. Add a grind of black pepper.
- Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbled (about 10 mins). The vegetables will cook in this time and the edges of the bread will become very crispy.
- Serve with a green salad for a very filling meal.
- My favourite spread is a coriander and chilli pesto. You can also use black olive paste (tapenade), sun dried tomato pesto or hummus. Pizza or tomato sauce is too wet.
- Other toppings: red pepper, green pepper, onion (put that on top of the cheese to that it roasts), olives, capers, anchovies, salami, pepperoni, ham -- You get the picture.
Made as directed, changed the serving to 4. We felt these were a little bit plain. As an addition I added torn fresh basil leaves after adding the zucchini and topped them off with boccochini - my mushrooms were portabello's. Also, I wasn't sure what a mandolin was so I cut the eggplant and zucchini in 1/8-1/4 inch slices. Needed to bake for 13 minutes for cheese to melt. Made for ZWT4.
This was very good I added black olives and hot sauages to mine , so I guess its not a vegetarian pizza any more. It would have been just as good without the sauage but it was use up the bits in the fridge meal. Thank you Made for recipe swap Aussie style #15
Super simple, super delicious. I took your suggestion and made it with what I had on hand. I used a whole wheat flat bread, pesto, tomato, mushroom, kalamata olives, mozz, onion, and jalapenos. Absolutely fabulous and couldn't be easier. Will definitely make again. For Aussie Tag.