Recipe by jstarh
Yummy flat bread! Quick and easy for the allergy sensitive and economy minded person.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Somewhere between three and four stars ;-) This was pretty good. I used ground flax seed, tapioca starch and brown rice flour, added some xanthan gum and more water than the recipe called for. Also I let the dough sit one hour at room temperature. Easy to make and tasty, will make it again. Thanks for posting!
Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
- 59.14 ml flax seed
- 118.29 ml tapioca
- 177.44 ml brown rice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 28.39-59.14 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind first 3 ingredients, separately 1/4 c at a time for best results, in a spice/coffee grinder until finely ground and powdery.
- Dump them in a medium bowl.
- Add baking powder and salt. Mix together with whisk, sifter, or hands.
- Add oil and 1/2 the water. Mix well until forms a loose ball.Adding water as needed.
- Separate out 2Tb size portions.
- Roll into 8 tight balls. Flatten and then press between wax paper as you shape into a round or oval about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place on a medium height griddle, or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes each side or until dry looking and lightly browned or blackened in spots per your preference. Blackened to me tastes more like Naan.
- I used short grain brown rice for mine and tapioca pearls. Recipezaar didn't recognize it.