1/1 Photo of Flat Bread
3 hrs 2 mins
Pinched this recipe from the partners dad, he's made it for us each time we've been and it's so yummy. He sometimes puts herbs, garlic etc in for added flavour, unsure of measurements, so use your best judgement.
My Private Note
flat br ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, yeast and 375ml warm water in a bowl and stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until mixture begins to foam.
- 2Combine flour and salt in a large bowl, then add yeast mixture, yoghurt and combine well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cloth or tea towel and stand for 2 hours.
- 3Punch dough down, then divide it into 8 portions, place on lightly oiled trays, cover with cloth and stand for another 15 minutes.
- 4Heat a cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat and brush with oil. Place one piece of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a thin 22cm round.
- 5When skillet is very hot, place dough round into pan and cook for 1 minute or until brown spots appear on the base (it will also bubble a little bit).
- 6Turn and cook for another minute, then place on a plate and cover with a cloth to keep warm.
- 7Lightly brush the pan with a little more oil and repeat with the remaining dough rounds.
- 8Store any leftover flatbreads in an airtight container or freeze.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 869.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: