Recipe by Scrivener1
I think this is one of the best cannoli that I have ever had! The original recipe calls for fat-free ricotta, but I used part skim. Also, the original recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips in the filling and 1/2 cups for melting. Instead, I used 2/3 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips in the filling, and I did not really think it was necessary to drizzle the chocolate on topr. Last, I think it is a good idea to chill the filling for at least an hour to let the flavors marry.
- 1 (16 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons freshley grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshley grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate) in a medium bowl. With an electric beater, whip until light and fluffy. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- To assemble, spoon the filling into the cannoli shells. Melt the remaining chips and drizzle each cannoli with the melted chocolate.