Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A healthier alternative for it's chocolate cousin! :) A friend of mine gave me this recipe when I was just moved in with my DH and I had no cookbooks. These do come out very flat but really tasty. DH beleives nothing is good unless it's chocolate (when it comes to dessert) and often requests these. Hope you enjoy, I know we do!
- 2 cups apples (thinly sliced, about 3 small)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (or pecans) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together apples, sugar, margarine and vanilla.
- In seperate bowl mix rest of ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to apple mixture and stir.
- Pour into 8x8" greased square pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.