Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This tart is so easy to make and looks great when it comes out of the oven. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream or creme fraiche. From a supplement that came with Good Food Magazine.
- 375 g puff pastry, preferable all-butter
- 5 large apples
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 25 g butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam or 3 tablespoons preserves
- Preheat oven to 220C/425°F.
- Roll out the pastry and trim to a round about 35cm (14 inches) across. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples, then toss in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread over the pastry to within 2cm (3/4 inch) of the edge. Curl up the edges slightly to stop the juices running off.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the apples are tender and the pastry crisp.
- Warm the jam and brush over the apples and pastry edge.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or creme fraiche.