Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Ontario Chicken Lover magazine.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint or 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Combine cumin, ginger, salt and cayenne (if using); sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- Spray and heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through (juices run clear when pierced) and are a deep golden brown on both sides. Adjust heat as necessary, about 5-6 minutes a side.
- Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tsp peel from lemon into a small bowl. Squeeze 2 tbsp juice into bowl and stir in honey.
- Once chicken is cooked, add lemon juice mixture, turning chicken several times in sauce for about 1 minute.
- Serve chicken with any pan juices and sprinkle mint over top.