Recipe by Babs #5
A very fast, flavorful, fresh side dish.
Top Review by ladybug9574_7930746
I just tried this quick recipe on some thin green beans I have had in my freezer and was unsuccessful in the past at preparing them. This was absolutely great!! I used frozen diced onion, some minced garlic (actually Outragously Garlic by Two Sisters gourmet through Partylite), salt, cracked pepper and olive oil. Ahhhh much better.... Thank you to Babs!
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green beans (Approx. 1/2 cup per person)
- butter or margarine, for flavor or olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced onion (about 1 TBLSP per cup of beans, Can be substituted with onion powder, approx.1/2 tsp per cup of bean)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince onion into small pieces; set aside.
- Prheat a dry (no oil or water) frying pan until it is very hot.
- When the pan's heat is high enough, throw in the frozen green beans. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the frost is off the beans.
- Add butter and onions to the beans; stir and saute until the onions are clear and the beans are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.