Recipe by Wendelina
Delicate, crunchy almond cookies that my Great Grandmother used to make. They are a little time consuming, but well worth it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix almonds with other ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook and stir constantly until butter is BARELY melted. (Very important!).
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoonful onto well-greased cookie sheets - 6 cookies to a sheet.
- Bake at 350 until golden brown. WATCH CAREFULLY!
- Let cool slightly until you can get a spatula under them.
- Place each cookie on a clean broom handle to shape into a cylander. Let cool completely.