Recipe by karenway
My grandmothers recipe. Love the creamy vanilla pudding like filling.
Top Review by Lynn302
I have never made flapper pie before but my mom made it often and we all loved it! When I saw this recipe I had to givit a try for old times sake and it did not disappoint! I used only 1/2 c. sugar in the graham crust and instead of icing sugar in the topping used 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Otherwise I followed the recipe to a T and it tasted just as good as mom's!! It was easy to make and uses ingrdients normally found in my kitchen. I will be making this again! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 7 double graham wafers, rolled fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks (save whites for topping)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all crust ingredients together.
- Press into pie plate, reserving 1/4 of crumbs to sprinkle on top.
- Combine filling ingredients in a pot.
- Cook on medium heat until thick.
- Spread on crust while hot.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat in icing sugar.
- Spread on top of filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 250 for 20 minutes.