Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is very adaptable, you can put cooked apple, dates figs, dried apricots in too and choc chips.
- Melt the butter, syrup and sugar slowly in the large saucepan.
- Take off the heat and mix the oats in well until all absorbed.
- Prepare something like an 8" square baking dish with silicone paper and spread the mixture evenly in.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 mins at 160oC.
- When still hot mark out the portions and then let it cool in the dish.
- When cool re-mark the portions and serve.
I made this for an early light Tea. I had some Golden Raisins so I threw in a handfull. FANTASTIC! Everything I love about the flavor of Oats comes out in these dilicious Oat Cakes. I served 'sides'of Home made Jams and Jellies but most were eaten with just butter. THANX
Brilliant! My man love's them, ive done plain, country fudge and raisin, cherry and coconut, can see me using this recipe in years to come thanx! :)
yummy yummy in my tummy! Absolutely perfect. A hint to others though - let the flapjacks go completely cold! I couldn't wait to eat one so tried taking them out of the pan but they were still crumbly when warm. No biggy I just ate the crumbles and left the pan. They are sooooo good and very very easy - hubby had one and immediately said 'when are you making these again?' High praise indeed