Recipe by ann teapot
This recipe is very adaptable, you can put cooked apple, dates figs, dried apricots in too and choc chips.
Top Review by Pierre Dance
I made this for an early light Tea. I had some Golden Raisins so I threw in a handfull. FANTASTIC! Everything I love about the flavor of Oats comes out in these dilicious Oat Cakes. I served 'sides'of Home made Jams and Jellies but most were eaten with just butter. THANX
- 2 ounces brown sugar
- 5 ounces golden syrup
- 10 ounces approx oats (normal not any instant kind)
- 6 ounces butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter, syrup and sugar slowly in the large saucepan.
- Take off the heat and mix the oats in well until all absorbed.
- Prepare something like an 8" square baking dish with silicone paper and spread the mixture evenly in.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 mins at 160oC.
- When still hot mark out the portions and then let it cool in the dish.
- When cool re-mark the portions and serve.