Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are not pancakes! but we do eat them as breakfast food. This recipe is an adaptation of my Mother-in-law's recipe who grew up eating them on the farm in Saskatchewan. They taste best with butter or peanut butter.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add milk and dry ingredient alternately to the butter/sugar mixture until all is blended.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto lined cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, depending on how large you make them. I make 6 very large ones from this recipe however that may be too large for some.