Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
my mum has been making flapjacks for years she discoverd this in a goodfood cookbook when she passed it on to me i tried it out these are the best flapjacks anyone will taste?
- 6 ounces light muscovado sugar
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 8 ounces porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 160oc for fan 140oc greaes a swiss roll tin and line with baking paper.
- Place the sugar, butter, golden syrup and honey in a saucepan on a gentle heat stir until melted you should have a dark syrup look at this stage take the pan of the heat.
- Stir in the porridge oats until completey covered tip the mixture in to the prepared tin and level bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a little darker around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack after 5 minutes cut in to bars then leave to cool completely remove from the tin break into bars and serve.
- these flapjacks will last 3 days in an air tight tin.
this is a anzac bickky in ausssie land