Recipe by Sonya01
for may 08 beverage tag NOTE: American flapjacks are thick pancakes, but this British version is quite different. Serve as a teatime treat, a healthy lunchbox snack, or a delicious breakfast with warm milk and fresh fruit.
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed soft brown sugar (100g)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 250 g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 50 g raisins
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (not fanforced).
- Grease and line the base of a 26cm x 18cm baking tray.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Place oats, almonds, seeds, raisins and spices in a bowl, add butter mixture, then stir to combine.
- Press mixture into prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes. Turn out onto a flat baking sheet a further 15 minutes or until crisp. Cool, then cut into squares. Serve with warm milk and berries if desired.