Recipe by mollypaul
Just lovely served as a dessert with lightly sweetened fresh fruit, butter and confectioner's sugar or as a breakfast dish with syrup. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947 Cooking time approximate.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your lightly greased griddle until a drop of water skitters across the surface.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs until light; add buttermilk and butter.
- Add to dry ingredients and beat well.
- Drop batter from a spoon and brown on both sides.