Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fluffy and soft pancakes. The best in my opinion.
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, more as needed,at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and sugar; beat on high speed for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into another bowl.
- Stir 1 cup of milk and the melted butter gently into the egg mixture just until blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry.
- Fold gently until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- If the batter seems too thick, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Do not over mix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat until it is hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle.
- Brush skillet with a small amount of oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into the skillet; spread evenly.
- Lower heat to med-low.
- Cook until top side is covered with tiny bubbles and bottom side is golden.
- Flip pancake and cook until lightly browned.
- Keep pancakes warm while cooking the rest of the batter.
- Serve with syrup of your choice.
very close to the recipe I lost. Has to be the best version of pancakes I have tried. Added 1/2 teaspoon vanilla that the other called for.