Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy wraps great served with black beans and rice for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 1 (10 ounce) flank steaks, trimmed of all fat, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 small avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 large flour tortillas or 1 large pita bread, split in half
- Season steak with 1 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place steak on the rack of a broiler pan. Broil 5 min on the first side and 4-6 minutes on the second side until well browned on the outside and still pink at the center. Test steak for doneness after about 9 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, make avocado sauce: Combine oil, lemon juice, parsley, shallot, garlic, remaining salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir well. Gently stir in avocado.
- Remove steak and allow to rest 3-5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain. Spoon half the steak into each wrap. Spoon on zesty avocado sauce.