1/1 Photo of Flank Steak With Whiskey Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
This sauce is an interesting alternative to a typical red wine sauce and adds a depth of flavor that is quite unique. These steaks are great broiled or grilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (liquid)
- 15 ounces beef flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons whiskey
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Combine teriyaki sauce, 1-1/2 t. chopped garlic, vinegar, Worcestershire and pepper sauce in medium-size non-aluminum bowl. Add steak and turn several times to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- 2Preheat broiler or grill.
- 3Prepare sauce: Stir together cornstarch and broth in glass liquid measure until combined. Heat margarine in small saucepan over medium heat until bubbly. Add onion and remaining chopped garlic; cook 2 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Remove from heat.
- 4Carefully add whiskey and mustard; stir to combine. Return pan to heat and bring to boiling. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced by about half. Re-stir cornstarch mixture and add to saucepan along with parsley and pepper; stir to combine. Return to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover saucepan and keep warm while cooking beef.
- 5For broiling: Place steak on broiler rack; discard marinade. For rare beef, broil 5 inches from heat for about 8 minutes, turning meat halfway through.
- 6For grilling: Place meat on a grill over medium-high heat. Grill steak for 5-8 minutes on each side.
- 7Let meat stand 5 minutes. Slice across grain. Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak With Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 967.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 31.2 g