Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy marinade that would be equally terrific on chicken or pork tenderloin.
Make and share this Flank Steak With Wasabi Rub recipe from Food.com.
- Combine peppers, mustard, five spice powder, and anise in a spice mill.
- Grind to a coarse powder.
- In a small bowl, stir the water into the wasabi until smooth, adding a few drops of water if necessary.
- Let stand uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Combine the spice mix, wasabi, sake, soy sauce, and mirin.
- Makes about 1 cup marinade.
- Score flank steak on both sides and place in a large freezer bag.
- Pour enough of the marinade over the flank steak to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill, brushing with additional marinade as the flank cooks.