Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Posting this for N.A.M.E. game. Serve this with Grilled Eggplant and Pepper Salad Grilled Eggplant (Aubergine) and Pepper Salad.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 lbs beef flank steak, fat trimmed
- In a glass measure, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt, cinnamon, coriander, paprika, sugar, cumin, pepper, and cayenne.
- Rinse flank steak and pat dry; put in a 1-gallon zip-lock plastic bag. Pour in all but about 3/4 cup of the marinade (save remaining for grilled eggplant and pepper salad - recipe#200475) seal bag and turn to coat meat well. Chill for at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- Lift steak from marinade (discard used marinade) and lay on a well-oiled grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium-high heat on gas grill; close lid on gas grill. Cook steak, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides and still pink in the center (medium-rare, cut to test) 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer steak to a platter or rimmed board and let rest 5 minutes. Then cut across the grain into thin, slanted slices.