Recipe by evelyn/athens
The steak needs to marinate in this zingy dressing for a minimum of 1 hour.
Top Review by Heather V.
This was just ok-- needs more flavor. Next time I'm cooking the whole thing on the grill. I'll use less oil and more soy sauce. I'll add ginger and orange juice or some grated orange rind.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make ¼ inch slits in one side of the steak with a sharp paring knife; fill slits with garlic and put steak in a shallow dish large enough to hold it.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until emulsified.
- Pour over steak, turning steak to coat well, let marinate, covered, turning occasionally, for 1 hour at room temperature and up to 10 hours, chilled.
- Let steak come to room temperature and discard garlic.
- Broil 4 inches from heat, turning once, 10-12 minutes for medium-rare meat and reserve pan juices.
- Alternatively, remove steak from marinade and grill over hot coals, brushing occasionally with marinade for the same amount of time as the broiler.
- Transfer to a platter and let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice thin across the grain and serve with reserved pan juices.