Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
The steak needs to marinate in this zingy dressing for a minimum of 1 hour.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Make ¼ inch slits in one side of the steak with a sharp paring knife; fill slits with garlic and put steak in a shallow dish large enough to hold it.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until emulsified.
- Pour over steak, turning steak to coat well, let marinate, covered, turning occasionally, for 1 hour at room temperature and up to 10 hours, chilled.
- Let steak come to room temperature and discard garlic.
- Broil 4 inches from heat, turning once, 10-12 minutes for medium-rare meat and reserve pan juices.
- Alternatively, remove steak from marinade and grill over hot coals, brushing occasionally with marinade for the same amount of time as the broiler.
- Transfer to a platter and let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice thin across the grain and serve with reserved pan juices.
This was just ok-- needs more flavor. Next time I'm cooking the whole thing on the grill. I'll use less oil and more soy sauce. I'll add ginger and orange juice or some grated orange rind.
This is a great recipe! My young children enjoyed it! I used minced garlic instead of cloves. The best part for me was eating the left overs the next day! The flavor was just as good! Will definitely make again!
This is so easy to throw together, but really adds a good flavor to the steak. I doubled the soy sauce by accident (the cap came off of the bottle), but it was low sodium- so I do not think it did any harm. Thanks for sharing such an easy marinade :)