Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe Courtesy Food Network Magazine
Make and share this Flank Steak With Salsa Verde recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh parsley
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 zest and lemon, juice of
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- kosher salt
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes
- Make the salsa verde: Pulse the parsley, scallions, capers, lemon zest and juice, anchovies, garlic, mustard and olive oil in a food processor until slightly chunky. Pour into a bowl and season with salt.
- Preheat a grill to high or place a grill pan over high heat. Pierce the steak all over with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Oil the grill or pan; grill the steak, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, turning once. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes and seasone with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Serve with the tomatoes and salsa verde.