From Betty Crocker's Meat and Potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cook onions, bell peppers, tomato juice, lemon peel, paprika and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to medium-low.
- 2Stir in broth.
- 3Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- 4Stir in basil, lemon juice and salt.
- 5Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 6Set oven control to broil.
- 7Spray broiler pan rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- 8Brush beef with oil; sprinkle with pepper.
- 9Place beef on rack in broiler pan.
- 10Broil with top 2 to 3-inches from heat about 10 minutes for medium doneness, turning once.
- 11Cut beef across grain at slanted angle into thin slices.
- 12Serve topped with bell pepper mixture.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak With Onions and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.5
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 419.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 25.8 g