Flank steaks with homemade sauce in 30 minutes.
Make and share this Flank Steak With Mushroom Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) beef flank steak
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
MUSHROOM WINE SAUCE
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil.
- Stir in the wine, worcestershire sauce, and basil, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 2-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Remove steak and keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the mushrooms, broth, wine, onions, butter, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine cornstarch, and water until smooth, and gradually stir in the sauce.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain, and serve with sauce.