Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
found in magazine. posting for later use.
- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar (can sub cider vinegar)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1360.77 g flank steaks
- 9.85 ml sea salt (or other coarse salt)
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Toss cantaloupe, onion, parsley, mint, vinegar, and oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat grill on high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook 5-8 minutes on each side for medium rare, 8-10 minutes each side for medium, or 10-12 minutes each side for well.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest on clean cutting board for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally into 1/8 inch thick slices and transfer to a platter.
- Spoon half of the relish on top and serve the rest on the side.
This is the most beautiful dish I have had for a long time. We added grilled Haloumi cheese and Macadamia Nuts with it. Will be adding it to the "Make regularly list"