Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
found in magazine. posting for later use.
Make and share this Flank Steak With Melon Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (can sub cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Toss cantaloupe, onion, parsley, mint, vinegar, and oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat grill on high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook 5-8 minutes on each side for medium rare, 8-10 minutes each side for medium, or 10-12 minutes each side for well.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest on clean cutting board for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally into 1/8 inch thick slices and transfer to a platter.
- Spoon half of the relish on top and serve the rest on the side.
This is the most beautiful dish I have had for a long time. We added grilled Haloumi cheese and Macadamia Nuts with it. Will be adding it to the "Make regularly list"