Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
found in magazine. posting for later use.
Make and share this Flank Steak With Melon Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (can sub cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (or other coarse salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Toss cantaloupe, onion, parsley, mint, vinegar, and oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat grill on high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook 5-8 minutes on each side for medium rare, 8-10 minutes each side for medium, or 10-12 minutes each side for well.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest on clean cutting board for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally into 1/8 inch thick slices and transfer to a platter.
- Spoon half of the relish on top and serve the rest on the side.
This is the most beautiful dish I have had for a long time. We added grilled Haloumi cheese and Macadamia Nuts with it. Will be adding it to the "Make regularly list"