In 'Summer Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the bourbon, soy sauce, sweet vermouth, brown sugar, ginger, scallion, and garlic together in a bowl to dissolve the sugar.
- 2Pour into a large self-locking plastic bag and add the steak.
- 3Close the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- 4Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling.
- 5Build a hot fire for direct grilling in an outdoor grill.
- 6For a charcoal grill, let the coals burn until they are covered with white ash.
- 7For a gas grill, preheat the grill on high.
- 8Lightly oil the cooking grate.
- 9Remove the steak from the marinade.
- 10Place on the grill and cover the grill.
- 11Grill until the underside is well browned, about 3 minutes.
- 12Turn and grill until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the steak reads 130° for med-rare steak, about 3 minutes.
- 13Transfer to a carving board and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 14Holding a sharp carving knife on a slight diagonal, thinly carve the steak across the grain.
- 15Serve hot, with carving juices.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak With Manhattan Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 1434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: