Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
- 226.79 g flank steaks or 226.79 g tri-tip steak
- 118.29 ml honey
- 29.58 ml chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml allspice, ground
- 4.92 ml cumin, ground
- 118.29 ml cilantro, chopped
- salt and fresh pepper, ground
- Mix honey with chilies, mustard, lime juice, garlic, cumin, allspice, and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Marinate steak at least 1 hour.
- Drain off marinade into small sauce pan and simmer.
- Grill or BBQ steak, basting with marinade.
- Slice steak against the grain and pour remaining marinade over meat.
this is absolutely delicious. i even served it with lime slices so you could squeeze on more of the acid.
outstanding !!! This was such a nice change from the same old terriaki that we usually have on our flank steak Thank-you
This is a great marinade for chicken. Marinate boneless breasts overnight then grill.