- 1⁄2 lb flank steaks or 1⁄2 lb tri-tip steak
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and fresh pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix honey with chilies, mustard, lime juice, garlic, cumin, allspice, and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Marinate steak at least 1 hour.
- Drain off marinade into small sauce pan and simmer.
- Grill or BBQ steak, basting with marinade.
- Slice steak against the grain and pour remaining marinade over meat.