This flavorful, spicy steak is always a crowd pleaser. And it is so easy to throw together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- 2Brush grill with medium coat of oil.(Charcoal grills-before heating/gas grills- after heating.).
- 3Rinse olives and drain well.
- 4Mix olives, garlic, parsley, rosemary, and olive oil in blender or food processor until mixture forms a fine paste.
- 5Separate 1/2 cup to spread on steak.
- 6Rinse flank steak and pat dry.
- 7With tip of sharp knife, make shallow diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on one side of the steak. Then make perpendicular cuts over the first ones to make a diamond pattern.
- 8Repeat cuts on reverse side of steak.
- 9Spread 1/2 cup of the olive tapenade paste over both sides of the steak, coating evenly.
- 10Place on grill; close lid.
- 11Cook until browned, 8-10 minutes.
- 12Turn steak and continue to cook until desired doneness. (about 2 minutes for rare, 4 minutes for medium-rare.).
- 13Remove to clean platter; let reast 5 minutes.
- 14Cut in thin, slanting slices across the grain.
- 16Extra tapenade that was not used on steak can be served on the side on toasted baguettes or mix with softened cream cheese for a delicious veggie dip.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak With Jalapeno & Olive Tapenade
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.4
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 101.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jalapeno-stuffed green olives