Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Four ingredients never tasted so good (not including oil, salt, and pepper.) You'll find yourself using the garlic sauce for just about anything - short of drinking it straight from the pan.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat broiler.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Broil steak about 6-inches from heating element, turning once, about 8 to 10 mintues, or until medium rare.
- In small saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- Add garlic, pepper, Worchestershire sauce and any accumulated steak juices.
- Serve in slices made across the grain.
I used a tenderloin as that is all I had on hand. As I was making the sauce I decided to add some onions and fresh mushrooms. When the onions and mushrooms were tender I put them on top of the steak and then used the sauce for dipping. Easy to make and quite tasty.
This steak tasted good and the ease of preparing it was appreciated. I liked the sauce- I just wish there was more of it... I guess I didn't get enough juices from the steak.
Hubby and I enjoyed this delicious dish...he likes his steak on the rare side...me...I like it a little bit more cooked...but we both enjoyed the flavor of this recipe....thanks for posting it...=)