Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from Cooking Light and it is fabulous. Since it is meant for lighter fare, I tried the fat-free feta (recipe didn't call for fat-free version) and it did ruin the taste, so I recommend using regular feta. The recipe calls for bottled minced garlic and a pickled pepperoncini pepper, for some reason I couldn't add that to the ingredient list, so please keep that in mind when gathering your ingredients. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini pepper juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, quarted lenghtwise & sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of flank steak evenly with garlic, salt, & 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil steak 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Uncover; cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine pepperoncini pickling liquid, olive oil, and mustard in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add chopped pepperoncini pepper, parsley, cheese, and cucumber to oil mixture in bowl; toss well to combine. Serve steak with relish.
Both hubby and I loved the steak...I enjoyed the relish...but he didn't care for the feta cheese in it...this was so easy to prepare...I enjoyed the non marinating of the steak...thanks for posting...made for Spring 2012 PAC
I halved the recipe, and it was great! The only thing I wish is that I added a second pepperonchini pepper! This is the best flank steak I've had.....especially considering that it is "instant" food.....no long marinating, no grilling, just stick it in the oven and it is done! Absolutely loved the relish....will add a bit more heat in the future, but delicious! Made for Best of 2010 tag!
I cannot believe how good the steak tastes with the Cucumber-Pepperoncini Relish! I must admit, I was intrigued with the thought of the relish, so purposely cut the cucumber and pepperoncini smaller and made extra to to have some leftover to put on the old hot dogs on Sunday. Made for ZWT #6 - Family Picks.