Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light - sounds yummy!
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shallot
- 4 ounces gourmet mushrooms, most mushrooms will work though
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms to pan. Cover and cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/3 cup water, mustard, worcestershire, and thyme. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with mushroom sauce.
Yum, THis sauce was really nice, flavourful & creamy. I served it over scotch fillet steak & DH asked if I could make it again so a keeper for me thanks!