Recipe by diner524
Coffee has a remarkable affinity with beef. Here, it is complemented by balsamic vinegar, garlic and crushed peppercorns. I found this at eatingwell.com. Note: Time doesn't include marinating. I marinated my overnight and it worked out well, very tasty!!!
- 44.37 ml strong brewed coffee
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml whole black peppercorn, crushed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 453.59 g flank steak, trimmed of fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk coffee, vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, peppercorns and salt in a glass dish large enough for meat to lie flat. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Heat grill to high.
- Remove steak from marinade (discard marinade). Lightly oil grill rack (see Tip). Place steak on grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.
- To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.