Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This can be either grilled on the bbq, or a Foreman grill, or broiled in the oven. Pesto can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator. Steak needs to marinate for at least 8 hours, up to 24 hours (not included in cooking time).
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml mirin
- 29.58 ml garlic, chopped
- 29.58 ml herbes de provence
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml water
- 680.38 g flank steaks
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 59.14 ml fresh Italian parsley
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 29.58 ml fresh grated ginger
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes (more or less according to taste)
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Whisk first six ingredients together. Place the steak in a large zip type plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate for 8-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- To make the pesto, place the first 9 ingredients in a blender.
- Turn on the blender and slowly pour in the oil. Puree until smooth. Add more oil if necessary.
- Season the pesto with salt and pepper. Set aside or store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.
- To cook the steak, heat or prepare your grill (or broiler). Once hot, grill the steak about 6 minutes per side.
- Allow meat to rest 10 minutes before slicing on the bias.
- Drizzle pesto on top and serve.