This can be either grilled on the bbq, or a Foreman grill, or broiled in the oven. Pesto can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator. Steak needs to marinate for at least 8 hours, up to 24 hours (not included in cooking time).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 1Whisk first six ingredients together. Place the steak in a large zip type plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Marinate for 8-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- 2To make the pesto, place the first 9 ingredients in a blender.
- 3Turn on the blender and slowly pour in the oil. Puree until smooth. Add more oil if necessary.
- 4Season the pesto with salt and pepper. Set aside or store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before using.
- 5To cook the steak, heat or prepare your grill (or broiler). Once hot, grill the steak about 6 minutes per side.
- 6Allow meat to rest 10 minutes before slicing on the bias.
- 7Drizzle pesto on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak With Cilantro Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.6
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.6 mg
- Sodium 1445.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence