Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The pesto is also good as a spread for burgers and sandwiches. From Cooking Light.
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until finely chopped (about 15 seconds).
- Add yogurt and juice; process until smooth.
- Grill steak 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Serve steak with pesto.
This was really yummy! The pesto was unique and a nice combo of flavors. This also comes together really quickly. It only takes a couple minutes to make the pesto (which could be done in advance), then just the 10-12 minutes it takes to grill the meat. Good for a quick dinner.