Recipe by little_wing
Quick and tasty using stuff you probably already have in your pantry Add some steamed veggies and you have a complete meal.
Top Review by realbirdlady
Simple to prepare, tasty, and with a bit of flair in presentation. We normally use spinach, rather than mixed greens, and adjust the serving size down to suit our appetites.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb flank steak, divided in half if it's all one piece
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens (1/2 bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the steaks and cook, tuning each once, until seared and rich mahogany, about 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Pull the skillet from the heat, add the vinegar, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits that cling to the pan.
- Stir in the oregano, butter, and any juices from the steak, until the butter melts.
- Add the greens to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and toss just until they begin to wilt, about 30 seconds.
- Slice the meat against the grain into thin slices, divide between 2 plates, top with the greens and the pan juices.