Recipe by dicentra
This is from Rival's Crock Pot Cooking. 1975. DH loves this sort of thing. I would serve this with a green veggie, probably broccoli.
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 6 slices canned pineapple (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup long grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll flank steak, tie and cut into 6 individual steaks.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, sherry, sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Marinate steaks about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water; combine with rice and 1/2 cup of the soy mixture in crock pot.
- Top each steak with a pineapple ring, then place in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.