I love Blue Cheese....I love Steak....I love Bacon...this mixture is pretty good. Let me know what you think.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup spinach leaves, cleaned
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dark beer
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Place in a resealable plastic bag with the steak. Marinate for 1-2 hours in refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon. Season with pepper for added flavor. Once crisp remove bacon but leave bacon fat in skillet.
- Heat to medium and add onion and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the beer and the spinach. Season with salt to taste and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add blue cheese, panko crumbs, and bacon to the mixture. Remove from heat and mix well.
- Spread warm mixture into the middle of the flank steak, drained from the marinade. Roll and tie using kitchen twine. Place the steak roll in a roasting pan and season the outside again with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Roast in a 350 degree oven until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with a basic vegetable or mashed potatoes.
- This is also great as a leftover in sandwiches with a fresh sourdough bread.
Absolutely delicious! My hubby doesn't like blue cheese quite like I do, so I'll try 1/4 cup next time. I'd also like to try it with diced mushrooms in the onion/garlic/spinach combo. Yum - can't wait till next time!
This was fairly easy to make, and quite tasty. DH & I were split about the marinade, I liked it, he didn't, so next time I'll like just make the filling and skip the marinade. The presentation was very nice, this would make a good dish to serve for a dinner party. I'd like to see more filling, as the end pieces didn't have much in them. I think you could double the filling without over stuffing the steak.
This was delicious! My husband, and my in-laws absolutely loved it! I wouldn't change a thing about it, definitely a keeper!