1 hr 10 mins
For any of you with a George Foreman electric grilling machine...a regular grill could be used too! This recipe is from the "George Foreman's Knock-out-the-Fat Barbecue and Grilling Cookbook!" Sounded mighty tasty to me! Thanks George! (Cooking time includes simmering time for sauce and cooking meat)
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed of all visible fat
- canola oil
- 1Make the sauce: In medium saucepan, heat oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- 3Saute for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- 4Add the tomato puree, vinegar, honey, molasses, mustard, pepper flakes, and chili powder.
- 5Reduce the heat to low.
- 6Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- 7Prepare the steak: Prepare the grill or electric grilling machine for cooking.
- 8If grilling over coals, sear the meat over the hottest part of the coals, about 2 minutes per side.
- 9Then move it to a cooler area and cook to med-rare for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 10Brush the sauce on the steak just before turning.
- 11Then brush the top side with sauce.
- 12If using an electric grilling machine, brush grid with canola oil andplace the flank steak on a hot grill.
- 13Cook for about 3 minutes for med-rare.
- 14After 1 1/2 minutes, brush the sauce on the top side.
- 15To serve, slice the flank steak into thin strips.
- 16Spoon some of the sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak Strips with Hot Honey-Molasses Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.7
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 177.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 74.7 g
- Protein 38.2 g