1 hr 10 mins
For any of you with a George Foreman electric grilling machine...a regular grill could be used too! This recipe is from the "George Foreman's Knock-out-the-Fat Barbecue and Grilling Cookbook!" Sounded mighty tasty to me! Thanks George! (Cooking time includes simmering time for sauce and cooking meat)
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed of all visible fat
- canola oil
- 1Make the sauce: In medium saucepan, heat oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- 3Saute for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- 4Add the tomato puree, vinegar, honey, molasses, mustard, pepper flakes, and chili powder.
- 5Reduce the heat to low.
- 6Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- 7Prepare the steak: Prepare the grill or electric grilling machine for cooking.
- 8If grilling over coals, sear the meat over the hottest part of the coals, about 2 minutes per side.
- 9Then move it to a cooler area and cook to med-rare for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 10Brush the sauce on the steak just before turning.
- 11Then brush the top side with sauce.
- 12If using an electric grilling machine, brush grid with canola oil andplace the flank steak on a hot grill.
- 13Cook for about 3 minutes for med-rare.
- 14After 1 1/2 minutes, brush the sauce on the top side.
- 15To serve, slice the flank steak into thin strips.
- 16Spoon some of the sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak Strips with Hot Honey-Molasses Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.7
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 177.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 74.7 g
- Protein 38.2 g