Recipe by Hey Jude
These sandwiches are so quick and easy and VERY delicious. I serve these with cole slaw and potato chips for a quick after work meal. Recipe from the Chicago Tribune. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by shadowgirl...
Great recipe. I used the ingredients as the recipe called but I served this as an appetizer. After the steak was cooked & rested a bit I sliced it thin & placed on toasted french bread slices. Added the carmalized onions & blue cheese on top & served. They were GONE. My guest took the remainder & were eating it with frito scoops. (not half bad) Wonderful recipe. Simple yet elegant. Thank you.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 2⁄3 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 large crusty sandwich buns, halved
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the steak in a large baking dish; pour dressing over, marinate 20 minutes.
- Heat a broiler or grill, broil or grill steak, turning once, until browned on the outside but still pink in the middle, about 10 minutes; let rest on a cutting board 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat; add onions, cook, stirring occasionally, until very browned and soft, about 15 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Cut steak across the grain into very thin slices; place on roll bottoms; top with cooked onions, blue cheese and roll tops.