From Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen by Kathleen Daelemans. This is DH's favorite summer recipe, little does he know it's good for him. Make extra, the leftovers are great for a take to work lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large vidalia onions, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 6 focaccia bread, buns cut in half horizontally
- 4 tablespoons la victoria salsa verde
- 1Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in a sealable plastic bag. Add lime juice and olive oil. Seal bag. Shake and turn until lime juice and olive oil are evenly distributed. Place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- 2In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 TBS of marinade from the bag with the steak. Add steak to pan and saute until medium rare, 5-7 min per side. You may add extra marinade if necessary.
- 3Remove steak from pan and let rest on cutting board for 10 minute.
- 4Add onions to pan with any remaining marinade. Saute until onions are soft and translucent, 8-10 minutes.
- 5Cut steak into thin slices across the grain. Place 1 tomato slice on each bun bottom. Lay 5 to 7 thin slices of steak (3 oz per person) over each tomato slice. Top each sandwich with onions and 2 tsp salsa verde and a bun top. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak Sandwiches - Cooking Thin
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 268.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 25.2 g