1/2 Photos of Flank Steak, Rolled Italian Style
9 hrs 10 mins
Your Gourmet Girlfriend's Note:
This is one of my favorite ways to cook steak. It looks like it takes hours in the kitchen but is quite easy. A very elegant "roast"; serve it to your company to impress.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound flank steak to about 1/4 thick and as square as possible.
- 2Slightly score cross grain with sharp knife (this will help it roll easier).
- 3In small bowl add minced garlic, oil and vinegar pour over steak and marinade overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Place steak on plastic wrap on counter, scored side down!
- 6Place baby spinach on steak followed by thin strips of red bell pepper, sprinkle with cheese,salt and pepper leaving 1/4 diameter around steak.
- 7Tightly roll steak and secure with twine or toothpicks.
- 8Bake 40-50 minutes or until desired doneness.
- 9let sit 10 minute before cutting into 3/4" rounds.
- 10This goes well with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.
- 11Note: Can be rotisserie grilled about 30 minutes; let sit 10 before slicing.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak, Rolled Italian Style
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 140.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 27.0 g